Web design can be challenging, as it involves achieving a design and layout that is both user-friendly and pleasing, delivers value and builds your brand, is technically sound and visually articulate.
So, today I’ve put together 7 essentials for a good web design.
1. Website content: “Content is King”. This is a term used by many web agencies and internet marketing providers to explain the importance of website content. I use it too. However, it has been tossed around so many times and has become accustomed to hearing it because either people are not paying attention OR they simply do not comprehend “why” content is so important. Google wants to see three particular aspects of great content – Quality, Relevance, and Uniqueness. So, create user-focused unique content that delivers value to your intended audience.
2. Site structure: Three months ago, we helped a Dentist client by doing a couple of on-site tweaks. Added Schema to their website and changed site permalinks on WordPress to make it search engine & user-friendly as the first step for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Also, reduced website loading time drastically and integrated an online appointment booking system. The client is thrilled with the outcome, a definite increase in leads and conversion over previous years.
3. Optimized for Mobile: Make your website experience consistent across all devices. Have you used your smartphone or tablet computer to surf the Internet today? A whopping 81 percent of people who use the Internet on a daily basis own a smartphone to use it online. In April of 2015, Google announced that it would use mobile readiness as a factor when deciding where to put a website in SERP (Search Engine Results Page). Google and other search engine have started to penalize websites that don’t give users an easy experience on their mobile devices. If your website is built in such a way that’s difficult for users to navigate or find useful information, they will simply leave your site potentially losing the business, and got to competitors who may have built a website with mobile experience in mind. Fortunately, creating a mobile responsive website is just a matter of getting in touch with the right website design company who can help you redesign your website that will smoothly work on all modern devices.
4. Website security: https or http? If you are running an e-commerce store or sell certain services online, it’s vital to install SSL certificate for secure purchases. This is recommended by search engines and is a ranking factor on SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
5. Building audience using mail capture forms: Allow online sign up for special offers. Not only does it have a better conversion rate, but as you build up your email list you can continuously monetize by pitching multiple products to your existing email subscribers. Just look at giant e-commerce sites such as Amazon and eBay one way they get people to buy more products from them is by sending out emails a regular basis with special offers and discounts. Even if you aren’t selling any products or products yet, you should still collect emails so you can get people back to your site when you kick-start your business.
6. Social media: Create, optimize and integrate social media pages across major channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. According to Hubspot, 92% of marketers claimed that social media marketing was important for their business, with 80% indicating their efforts on social media increased traffic to their websites and improved conversion. Social media marketing help develops brand recognition, improved brand loyalty, better reach to your audience and hence higher conversion rates.
We here at SEODhya put in a lot of time and effort into providing great work that helps the better growth of your business and satisfies clients so that you can attract more paying customers. We can help you in creating the best website in your local market and reap the full rewards of high ranking search engine optimization and full-scale Internet Marketing from social media marketing to Google AdWords marketing!